Greg Alexander is a conservative Republican running for the Michigan House of Representatives for the 83rd district encompassing all of Sanilac County, Burtchville Township, Fort Gratiot Township, and the City of Port Huron.
Born and raised on a dairy farm in Sanilac County, Greg learned the importance of agriculture at a young age. Graduating from Carsonville – Port Sanilac High School and earning certificates of completion from Hillsdale College, Greg went on to work in small business, retail, building, and infrastructure for 15 years.
In 2008, Sanilac County overwhelmingly elected Greg to serve as the county’s Drain Commissioner. In the role, Greg has addressed many sensitive infrastructure issues with water mains and sewers outside of the traditional role of his predecessors. Greg has also switched the Drain Department to utilize modern technology to fine-tune the effectiveness and promote a more fair assessment when work is accomplished on drains.
Greg has been committed to the Sanilac County community for decades, currently serving, or having served, on a wide variety of community boards, including:
- Karegnondi Water Authority – Vice Chair 2010-2015, Chair 2015-Current
- Sanilac County Republican Party – Secretary & Executive Committee
- Sanilac County Board of Public Works – Chair
- Sanilac County Parks Board – Vice Chair
- Misteguay Creek Inter-County Drainage Board
- Sanilac County Information and Technology Committee
- Sanilac County Landfill & Recycling Board
- Michigan Right to Farm – GAAMP Committee
- Sanilac County Farm Bureau – Policy Development Chair
- Michigan Association of County Drain Commissioners- Northeast District Chair and Executive Committee
- Sandusky Knights of Columbus- Past Grand Knight
- Lexington Knights of Columbus- Sir Knight / Captain
- Michigan Knights of Columbus- Saginaw Diocesan Membership Director/District Deputy
- Sandusky Optimist Club- Past President
- Deckerville Lions Club- Past President
- Sanilac County Fair Board
- Sanilac County Sheriff Posse- Fundraising Committee
- Sanilac County Hockey Association- Building Committee
- Thumb Octagon Barn Agricultural Museum- Annual Theme Co-Chair
- Sanilac Tourism Association- Past Chairman
- Tip of the Thumb Heritage Water Trail
- NRA- Life Member
Greg, married to his wife, Patty, for 29 years, now live in Carsonville and is active in Holy Family Parrish Catholic Church. The couple are the proud parents to three children: Alyson, who teaches special education in Mayville; Joshua, who is attending Saginaw State University after serving in the United States Navy; and Matthew, now working at Quicken Loans in Detroit.